Saturday, March 14, 2009

Today, I start a blog (and use lots of commas).

Before blogs, I'm not sure there was a method of expression that so perfectly combined narcissism and voyeurism. Well, except maybe E! True Hollywood Stories. But then, the people whose stories are told on E! are usually warranted in being self-obsessed. Bloggers, on the other hand, have less reason to believe that people out there will want to read their commentary and everyday observances. But that is where voyeurism comes in. I know I am an ordinary person, with a fairly pedestrian life, whose musings are only worth as much as the next girl's; however, I am publishing this blog for you. I publish to feed the hunger you people have for reading about other humans, for feeling connected to others, and for believing that there are other people out there who are just as neurotic, absurd, and - well - opinionated as you are.

I should also state here that I'm starting this blog today for two reasons: 1) it is a cloudy Saturday in LA, and I'm waiting for the sun to come out so I can run and work on my tan at the same time; and 2) because of a conversation I had last night. Stay tuned.

One more thing: in case you are wondering, I am holding a mini leather-bound U.S. Constitution in the picture to the right. My excitement at receiving such a gift during the 2008 holiday season should be apparent.

No comments:

Post a Comment