Tuesday, May 5, 2009

People who are famous for no reason.

I have been studying. A lot. That means I have been alternating between listening to my soothing, yet encouraging "study mix" and a classical/instrumental jazz combo. The study mix includes such greats as Jack Johnson (shout out to Awesomeness, formerly "Friend from the Valley," who loves JJ's tunes as much as I do). I share this to segue into a a topic only tangentially related: the Jonas Brothers.

I watch Chelsea Lately, and E! news directly follows it, so I see lots of teasers for what will be discussed nightly. Some of E! news' favorite people to stalk (I mean report on) are three "brothers" who apparently create "music." I am usually fairly up to date on the music scene. I love the stuff and just can't get enough. Why, then, have I never ever heard the Jonas Brothers actually create music? Are their songs on the radio (other than Radio Disney)? Do they perform in music videos, or do they just stand there while tween girls swoon? Hanson's stuff actually traveled the airwaves back when they were the only musical brothers people cared about. (As a sidenote, Hanson's electric album from several years ago was actually pretty good. I recommend it.) I get the feeling the Jonas Brothers - like so many sad celebrities today - are famous because they're famous. And on a related note, who are Heidi and Spencer? Gawker and E! have informed me they tied the knot- again, and apparently lots of people I've never heard of attended. And even one girl who swore she wouldn't attend did. Seriously? What happened to the good old days when celebrities were famous for having done something noteworthy in their lives? Marilyn and Frankie Blue Eyes had talent. Jackie O had great fashion sense, married a Kennedy, and emitted elegance. WHY are famous people just regular people now? I don't like it one bit. If I wanted to watch humorous things happen to regular people, I'd spend a few hours with my family.

That is all I have to say on that.

1 comment:

  1. Spidey (Heidi and Spencer) had their honeymoon in Mexico during the Swine Flu!

    ReplyDelete