Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sweden rocks; the Queen does, too.

Great news! Sweden has become the seventh country to permit same-sex marriage, beginning in May 2009. I've always liked Sweden. The Swedes have given so many gifts to the world: ABBA, those nifty Viking hats, Ace of Base (my first CD, tied with Boys II Men), Swedish meatballs, the word (and the thing) "smorgasbord," and now marriage equality. I even have an Adidas track jacked that has the Swedish flag on it. Incidentally, I was planning to sell said jacket to a used clothing store here in LA this weekend, but I am now reconsidering.

Last week I gave my brother an iPod. Yesterday, Vote for Change gave Her Royal Heiness an iPod. Interesting timing, Mr. President. That's all I have to say about that.

On Sunday I depart for Florida. Sister and I will enjoy a week of sunshine and togetherness (and a $27/day surcharge on our rental car since I'm two months shy of turning 25). Apparently, a tornado touched down in Florida this morning. Super. I was, in fact, oddly obsessed with The Wizard of Oz as a child; however, my great tornado scare while driving cross-country with Small Asian Friend during the summer of 2006 was action enough for me. Aren't tornadoes supposed to stick to the midwest?

2 comments:

  1. The tornado(es) will make your trip interesting, as it did with ours. My one concern was that I was driving, and thus would've been held accountable if I arrived in LA with damaged (but still precious) goods.

    Oh and be glad you're still some amount of time shy of being 25...I'm freaking out over here. Hold me.

    ReplyDelete