Sunday, April 12, 2009

Into the home stretch.

After a week of no internet access in Florida, I have returned to the homeland (New York) for a few days before heading back to LA to finish up the last week and a half of classes. Sweet! Sister and I ran all over Orlando, hitting up Sea World, Epcot, Universal's two parks, and plenty of candy and fudge shops. We saw our fair share of fanny packs, descended upon the resort pool only to find it overrun by elementary schoolers and their parents, and nearly ran over a possum in our pimped out Chrysler rental car. A great time was had by all (er, both).

Slight back track: Before departing for Florida, I had the great fortune to see Katy Perry live in concert out in Palm Springs. She was super. Opened with Hot n Cold, closed with I Kissed a Girl, and sang some awesome cover songs in between. Oh, did I mention this performance took place during a White Party? I'm never more excited than when I get to wear cropped leggings with an oversized shirt of the same color, and a thick belt of a contrasting hue. Trust me, it's hot. I don't care what anyone says - the 80's contributed some fine flair to the fashion world. Wheee!

So tonight I return to the smog of tinsel town for one last month of finals, west coast friends, and humidity-free sunshine. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment